Everything you need to know about Root Canal Treatment
Root canal infection is one of the most common dental problems. Poor dental hygiene can result in food particles becoming stuck in the teeth, which can lead to the buildup of bacteria in the teeth.
The excessive infection causes pain and inflammation in the teeth and gums, as well as the formation of a pus-filled cavity in the tooth's root. Root canal treatments are becoming more common as modern medicine and dental technology are progressing (RCT). An RCT is performed to remove the infection and restore the tooth's function. The procedure is virtually painless and relatively inexpensive. So, if you're seeking the best root canal treatment in Delhi, go no further than Dr. Aman's Tooth Town that offers numerous treatment options at the best affordable price.
What is a Root canal treatment?
The human teeth are made up of three layers:
- the enamel, which is the outermost white part of the teeth and is one of the hardest materials in our body;
- the dentine, which is inside the enamel;
- and the pulp, which is the last and innermost layer of the teeth and contains the blood supply to the teeth.
The bacterial infection spreads to the interior pulp, causing the pulp tissue to deteriorate and a cavity to develop in the root of the teeth. This cavity is a pus-filled cavity that also contributes to the jawbone's deterioration. If the root canal infection is not treated promptly, it might spread to the neighboring teeth, resulting in inflammation and jaw degeneration.
The removal of infected pulp and bacteria afflicted tissue from the root of the teeth is known as root canal treatment.
All infected tissues in the root of the teeth are removed during a root canal treatment, which minimizes the risk of further infection. This not only reduces pain but also protects the jaw's structure.
What are the common symptoms of a Root Canal Infection?
The following are some of the most frequent root canal infection symptoms:
- The excessive pain and discomfort during chewing and talking can be caused by an infection in the pulp of the root.
- The area that is infected is usually swollen and swelling is one of the most frequent signs of an undergoing infection
- The tissue that surrounds infected areas is generally painful and sensitive.
- A more advanced infection may cause a yellowish or greenish discharge from the affected area.
- While a bacterial infection occurs in the pulp, the nerves are damaged, which can cause extreme sensitivity when eating hot or cold foods.
- A bacterial infection can also cause a foul taste in the mouth and frequent bad breath, even after brushing. It can also cause pain around the ears and recurrent headaches.
None of these symptoms should be ignored since an untreated infection can lead to several other issues in the future. If you experience any of these symptoms in your daily life, schedule an appointment with your dentist to have your teeth examined and a root canal treatment performed to eliminate any infection.
What are the Benefits of a Root Canal treatment?
There are numerous benefits of root canal treatment:
- When bacteria infect the tooth, it causes significant damage. As a result, there is a lot of discomfort and swelling. A root canal treatment will alleviate the discomfort.
- An abscess in the jawbone develops as a result of root infection. This is a pus-filled cavity that causes degeneration of the jaw bone. A timely root canal treatment will help remove all of the pus and infected pulp, thus preventing jawbone degeneration.
- If dental caries are not treated on time, it can lead to tooth decay. Getting a root canal treatment on time might help you save your natural tooth and restore its function.
- An infection can also seriously damage the gums, causing swelling and discoloration. The restoration of proper gum health is one of the major benefits of root canal treatment.
What happens during a Root Canal Treatment?
Your dentists perform the Root Canal Treatment procedure at the dental office according to the schedule in a single sitting or multiple sittings if the infection is severe. The steps are as follows:
- An X-ray of your mouth and gums is performed to determine the extent of the root canal infection. Several X-rays are taken to obtain a clear view of the damaged area.
- Medications are provided to aid with pain management until the operation is completed.
The root canal treatment procedure:
- The whole surgery is performed while you are sedated, ensuring a painless experience.
- The infected area is cleaned, and any leftover food particles and debris are removed.
- To reach the diseased pulp, the doctor uses a tiny drill to make a hole in the teeth.
- The pus tissue indicates the infected pulp. To ensure that no active infection remains, the dentist removes the infected pus as well as the damaged nerve tissue.
- The length of the treatment is determined by the extent of your teeth' damage.
- Following the removal of all diseased tissues, the cavity is cleaned with either water or a sodium hypochlorite solution.
- A permanent filling is used to close the cavity, and an antimicrobial solution is applied on top.
- If there is considerable tooth decay, an artificial dental crown may be necessary, which will be put on top of the filling following the surgery.
After the operation:
Right after the operation, you might feel the following symptoms:
- Tenderness in the mouth
- Difficulties chewing hard foods
- Sensitivity in teeth
- The gums might feel numb and swollen
All these are common post-surgery symptoms of a root canal treatment and they usually go away within a week or so. If they persist, you should consult your dentist.
What are the precautions to take after a root canal treatment?
A root canal treatment necessitates the following precautions:
- Avoid foods that are either highly hot or extremely cold to avoid tooth sensitivity.
- Brushing your teeth aggressively is not recommended; instead, use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- After surgery, avoid smoking or drinking alcohol.
- For at least 24 hours after surgery, avoid biting or chewing on hard foods. Consume soft and easily chewable foodstuff for a few days after the surgery.
- Avoid excessively sweet foods like candies, chocolates, and cold beverages for a few days after the root canal surgery.
Going for regular checkups and follow-up after the root canal treatment ensures that the tooth is healing properly.
The Cost of Root Canal Treatment
Root canal treatment is an inexpensive procedure. The few differences in root canal treatment cost in Delhi arise as a result of variables such as:
- The location and the infrastructure of the clinic
- The availability of modern equipment and the latest technology
- The experienced dentists and their consultation fee
- Several preoperative tests and medications were prescribed.
- The artificial crown, as well as the brand and type of crown used.
- The severity of the root canal infection and the number of sittings necessary
Choosing a clinic such as Dr. Aman's Tooth Town is recommended because you get the best infrastructure along with highly experienced dentists and staff. All the patients at Dr. Aman's Tooth Town's receive the highest quality of root canal treatment at an affordable price.
Root Canal Treatment at Dr. Aman's Tooth Town Dental Clinic?
Effective root canal treatment necessitates a high level of competence. You must select a clinic that is fully equipped with cutting-edge technology and offers the best treatment. The best root canal treatment is available at Dr. Aman's Tooth Town. The clinic is well-known for its advanced technology and wide range of dental procedures. It employs a highly competent team and is home to the best dentist in Delhi.
Call Dr. Aman's Tooth Town; the best dental clinic in Delhi right away for a consultation!